Communicating the Gynecologic Brachytherapy Experience (CoGBE)
The Bucksbaum Institute for Clinical Excellence at the University of Chicago funded development of novel education materials for patients receiving radiation treatment. The Communicating the Gynecologic Brachytherapy Experience Beam Radiotherapy Experience (CoGBE) discussion guide is designed as a graphic narrative tool to facilitate communication with patients during the initial consultation prior to gynecologic brachytherapy. For a more detailed description of the CoGBE design process, see this description by Pinakee Naik, one of the IIT ID design graduate students that helped design the guides.
Click here to download the CoGBE guides.
This is a collaboration between:
- Daniel Golden MD MHPE, Department of Radiation Oncology, Rush University Medical Center
- Yasmin Hasan MD, Department of Radiation and Cellular Oncology, University of Chicago
- Nita Lee MD MPH, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Chicago
- Brian Callender MD, Department of Medicine, University of Chicago
- Tomoko Ichikawa MS, Clinical Professor, Institute of Design, Illinois Institute of Technology